The concept of the series is that they go to the home of someone famous (often a celebrity or someone in the fashion industry) and follow them around the various rooms in their house with a video camera, asking them 73 quick-fire questions.
The questions vary in each interview, but generally they cover a lot of different subjects, asking about opinions, values, and habits.
So based on Vogue’s ’73 Questions’ series, I have created this blog post so you can get to know me a little better.
I hope you like it, and if you do, leave me a comment at the end of the post- maybe even include a fact about yourself or answer one of the questions?
Right, here goes…
1. What is your go-to accessory?
Right now, a floaty scarf. Because they make me feel as if I am elegantly gliding just above the ground in an ethereal manner when I am walking.
2. What is your Starbucks order?
It changes depending on my mood.
But Small Skinny Hazelnut Cappuccino is a long standing favourite. As long as they don’t get overexcited with the syrup and make it too hazelnutty.
3. Favourite clothing store?
H&M, Forever 21, New Look, Accessorize (Okay so that’s not really a clothing store but it had to go in there). If I had to choose one, probably H&M.
4. Do you prefer heels or flats?
Flats. All day long. I used to always wear heels in the evening if I went out, but these days I like to be comfortable.
And I definitely think it’s possible to be comfortable and look fashion forward and stylish.
5. Favourite colour?
White, black, metallics, blush pink, charcoal grey, navy blue, taupe, pewter, greige, so pretty much anything that sounds weird…
So I don’t really have a favourite colour, as much as a favourite colour palette. It would look something like this:
6. Describe your fashion sense in three words.
Layered. Relaxed. Thoughtful.
7. Do you use a fork to eat fries?
Yes, because I am not a monster. And I don’t like to get my hands greasy.
8. Favourite flower?
White tulips or pink peonies. Let’s go with pink peonies. I don’t know why, but they sort of remind me of flamingos. In a good way.
9. Who are your favourite YouTubers?
10. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
An hour. Plus more time if I am particularly tired as I have to make sure I have extra time to stare into the middle distance, drinking cups of tea and wishing I could go back to sleep.
11. Describe your personality in three words.
12. iOS or Android?
13. Favourite nail polish colour?
Keystone by H&M:
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
How much noise they are making.
The louder they are, the further away I get. The quieter they are, the more I gravitate towards them.
15. Favourite Netflix series?
Pretty Little Liars.
16. Who is your style icon?
17. Describe yourself in a hashtag.
18. What is your favourite season?
Spring or Autumn. They both have a sense of anticipation and excitement about them.
That, and I don’t like weather that’s so extreme it gets in the way of you trying to do things.
19. Name five things that you can’t leave the house without.
Okay well it would be boring for me to say stuff like keys, money, my iPhone… So other than the obvious essentials:
- Hand cream- Body Shop Shea Butter
- Perfume- at the moment I love Elie Saab‘s In White
- Big sunglasses
- A caffeinated beverage in a to-go cup (usually tea)
- Lip balm
20. What’s the best way to decompress?
Peggle or Covet.
21. Trend that you wish would come back?
22. Trend that you wish would go away?
Massive hipster beards.
23. Name three alternative careers for yourself.
1. Detective– I love mysteries. Usually at some point every day I have at least one moment where I wish my life was Scooby Doo or Cluedo.
2. Zookeeper– I would collect hundreds of animals and love them all and cuddle them and spoil them. And wear one of those excellent Zookeeper hats.
3. Cake Artist/ Wedding Planner. I cheated. That’s clearly two different jobs. But because I get to choose what the job is, I would create some sort of new role that involved both cake artistry and wedding planning, and you can’t stop me because I have just invented it. My business cards would be edible, made from cake.
24. Introvert or extrovert?
25. Do you plan your outfits the night before?
Most of the time yes. I’m
an overthinker very into planning.
26. Do you have a favourite brand or fashion designer?
Yes, yes I do.
Rebecca Minkoff – For bags.
Karl Lagerfeld– For everything.
27. Favourite quote?
“And you too can have bouncy hair, if you just take the time to bounce from the inside as well.” -Quinn Morgendorffer
28. Name three things that would be present in your perfect morning.
- Pastry products- Probably a pain au raisin.
- Coffee- Let’s be honest, Starbucks.
- A vase of fresh flowers- white tulips.
29. Bags or shoes?
Bags. I’m a bags girl. Always have been.
30. What colour do you wear the most?
Black and white. That’s one colour. #Monochrome
31. Gold or silver jewellery?
32. What item of clothing do you wish you owned?
A huge over the top faux fur coat.
33. What’s the best fashion advice you’ve ever received?
Imagine the best day you could possibly have today. What would you be wearing? Then wear that.
34. Lipstick or lipgloss?
Lipgloss. It makes you look healthy and put-together.
35. Favourite time of day?
36. What is something you can’t do?
Be satisfied with my first attempt at painting my nails. It usually takes me like three attempts minimum before I’m happy.
37. Favourite social media platform?
38. What advice would you give to your 15 year old self?
Ignore everyone else, you are right about everything, don’t let people tell you otherwise.
39. What has been annoying you lately?
The weather. It’s too freaking hot to do anything.
40. What is your guilty pleasure?
I own way too many soft toys for someone of my age.
41. Which flavour of popcorn do you prefer?
Sweet & Salty.
42. What improves your mood?
Seeing my boyfriend or my cat.
43. Name three qualities that you find attractive in other people.
- Self awareness
44. Name three qualities in other people that repel you.
- Lack of self awareness
45. Name something you buy often that you really don’t need.
(sorry not sorry).
46. Name three of your current favourite beauty products.
- Sleepy body lotion from Lush
2. Shea Butter hand cream by The Body Shop
3. Buffy body butter from Lush
47. If you had to live in another country, where would it be?
France. Paris to be precise- it feels like home.
48. What would you like to start doing?
Getting enough sleep.
49. What would you like to give up?
50. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a kitty called Buttons. She’s perfect.
51. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
52. What gets you through a tough day?
Pyjamas + Netflix + kitty.
53. Do you believe in marriage?
Yes. I’m a massive romantic.
54. Do you want kids?
55. What is an everyday luxury that you have come to rely on?
56. What one piece of fashion advice would you give to someone?
Stand back from the mirror and see the look as a whole. Is the overall look giving people the impression you want to give?
57. So far, has your life gone as you envisioned it?
Not at all. But I’m pleased with the way it’s headed.
58. Do you have any party tricks?
59. Do you have a favourite mug? If so, what does it look like?
No jealous my pandabear mug.
60. Which celebrity would you choose to be your BFF?
Avril Lavigne. I have this whole dream BFF day with her planned out just in case we ever become friends. It involves a lot of shopping and perfume spraying.
61. Who is your favourite cartoon character?
Quinn Morgendorffer from Daria. She is Vice President of the Fashion Club and she has her own blog. ❤
62. What are you looking forward to?
63. Name something you are really particular about.
64. If coffee was illegal, what would its street name be?
65. What is one thing you practice on a daily basis that improves your life?
Guided relaxations before bed.
Not progressive muscle relaxation because that makes me anxious. But I like guided relaxation, meditation, mindfulness, and guided visualisation.
66. If someone was buying you a gift, what couldn’t they go wrong with?
67. City or countryside?
City. I have to be within a certain radius of a Starbucks branch at all times. It’s like a reverse restraining order. That I just made up.
68. Name a food you hate.
Guacamole. Leave my nachos alone!
69. Do you like cooking?
Baking, yes. Cooking, no.
70. Do you prefer to shop online or on the high street?
Online. I think through most of my purchases in great detail before actually buying them.
71. Name three websites you like that aren’t social media platforms.
- Love Happens
- Pinterest -Okay, so it’s sort of a social media platform. But I am on there all the time for inspiration and ideas so I couldn’t not include it.
72. To get to know you, what should someone watch, read, or listen to?
Pink Floyd- The Wall.
The Movie version, not the album.
But then the album afterwards.
73. Do you sing in the car? If so, what music do you like to sing along to?
Yes. Paramore. Loudly and enthusiastically.
So there you go. Maybe you learned something new about me.
Now it’s your turn. Is there anything here you totally agree or disagree with? Pick three of the questions above and answer them in the comments below!
Also if you have a blog, leave your link in your comment and I’ll check it out!
Love and Skinny Hazelnut Cappuccinos,
x Lucy x